The caves of dreams art holiday is based at El Guindas caves close to the small town of Baza in southern Spain. The art holiday is based in and around the unspoiled beautiful and rugged part of Andalusia with breathtaking scenery including waterfalls and gorges of Castril to the mountains that provide a dramatic backdrop for this stunning turquoise lake Negratin.
- Drawing painting sketching using a variety of art mediums, ( basic art materials and equipment provided) all art instruction including guidance with facilitation by professionally qualified art tutor Beverley Chapelhow sessions are full days with a lunch breaks approximately 5 to 6 hours participatory time each day
- All meals (breakfast lunch and dinner including a drink with each meal) all meals are ordered one day in advance to ensure dietary requirements are met
- Use of pool and gardens at the hotel/Accommodation
- Transfers to and from Granada airport (approximately one hour )each way
- All trips relating to the art holiday itinerary or the local destinations by arrangement
- A list of suggested art equipment and materials for your stay.
2018 Example Itinerary
- Day 1 Arrival day. Welcome lunch drinks chance to meet the other artists and course tutor explore your surroundings evening dinner.
- Day 2 Museum trip then on to Lake Negratin, using watercolours and inks capturing turquoise blues and jagged rocks.
- Day 3 Breath-taking Gorafe today, working in acrylics on paper/canvas. Afternoon coffee at the local Flamenco restaurant.
- Day 4 Ancient village of Orce this morning, then on to Galera for drinks and some sketchbook work. After a siesta we go to the local Cave Hotel to complete an acrylic sunset painting on canvas. Tapas and sangria provided.
- Day 5 Beautiful Mountain village of Castril. Then painting the lush green valley with the waterfalls, suspended walkways and bridges.
- Day 6 Bustling Baza market today after lunch pastel drawing in the Town Square.
- Day 7 Jet off home today. Adios from Beverley, Clive and Allan , your hosts for the week.